Chicken empanada's with kakifruit and jalapeños
A delicious Spanish / South American snack for Happy Hour! When you're eating these snacks, you can easily imagine yourself on a sun-drenched terrace in Spain or in a tropical beach bar in Mexico. We stuffed the empanadas with delicious Brazilian kakifruit, Brazilian limes (because they are simply the most delicious limes!) and some Jalapeños! ¡Provecho!
500g chicken mince
2 kaki fruit, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 lime, squeezed
2 red jalapeños, finely chopped
1 large tomato, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Coriander to taste, finely chopped
20 square slices of pastry puff or pizza dough
2 eggs, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Fry the minced chicken in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the kaki fruit, red onion, lime juice, jalapenos, tomato, garlic and coriander to the pan and fry briefly.
3. Place a slice of dough on a baking sheet and place a spoonfull of the minced meat mixture in the middle. Fold the slice halfway and fold the edges carefully, bit by bit, to the inside of the empanada. Continue with the rest of the dough and chopped mixture.
4. Brush the empanadas with a little egg.
5. Bake the empanadas for +/- 15 minutes in the oven until they turn golden brown.