Stuffed baby pineapple with teriyaki chicken
What could be more fun than eating out of a pineapple? ... Eating out of a BABY pineapple! Can't get any more tropical than this today. We used our delicious baby pineapples from Mauritius, these delicious sweet pineapples are a feast for the eyes and combined with sticky teriyaki chicken they are really delicious!
Ingredients for 12 snacks
120 ml soy sauce
100 ml pineapple juice
100g brown sugar
2 garlic cloves , pressed
1 piece of ginger of approx. 2 cm, grated
6 baby pineapples
600g chicken breast cut into cubes
Chives to garnish, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
Oil for baking
1. Halve the baby pineapples lengthwise and scoop out the flesh by using a sharp knife and a spoon. Cut the flesh into small cubes.
2. Put a small pan on the stove and heat some oil in it. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the soy sauce, pineapple juice and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet or wok pan with some oil and fry the chicken breast untill they are almost done.
4. Add the teriyaki sauce and cook until the teriyaki sauce becomes thick and syrupy.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the pineapple.
6. Fill the baby pineapples with the chicken and pineapple and sprinkle with some red chilli and chives.