The Kaffir lime makes it sour, the rambutan and syrup makes it sweet and the jalapeño and ginger makes it spicy. The rambutan on top is not only for decoration, it contains the vodka! That's what makes this shot is only recommended for the brave ones!
100 ml of simple syrup
The zest of 1 Kaffir lime
12 rambutans, peeled and pitted (keep the halved peels for the garnish)
1 green jalapeño pepper, coarsely cut, seeds removed
1 small piece of ginger, grated
1 Kaffir lime in slices, for garnish
1. Mix the simple syrup with the Kaffir lime zest.
2. Mix the rambutans with the jalapeño pepper and grated ginger and crush them carefully with a muddler or something else heavy. Try to get as much juice as possible here.
3. Then drain the mixture, only keep the juice.
4. Fill the shot glasses with the Kaffir syrup and the spicy mixture.
5. Place a slice of the Kaffir lime on top.
6. Fill the rambutan peels with vodka and let them balance on the glass.
7. Have the guests pour the vodka into the glass themselves.