Pomelo-shrimp salad in banana leaf cones
This week we would like to introduce you to the the king of citrus fruit: the pomelo! We used beautiful, aromatic red pomelos from South Africa and combined it with shrimps, Readylicious avocados and chilli and topped it of with an amazing coconut-lime-dressing and crunchy, roasted peanuts. And if you think that's not enough, we served it in a banana leaf-cone!
Ingredients for 15 cones
1 Red pomelo, peeled and chopped
2 Readylicious avocados, chopped
500g cooked shrimps
1 Red chilli pepper, cut in rings
50g unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
15 Round banana leaves
50 ml. Coconut milk
15 ml. soy sauce
1 tbs. brown sugar
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1. Roll each banana leaf into a cone, and fasten at the seam with a bamboo skewer.
2. Combine the red pomelo, Readylicious avocado, shrimps and chilli pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
3. Roast the chopped peanuts in a dry cooking pan until golden brown.
4. Zest the lime and set aside. Halve the lime and squeeze out the lime juice.
5. Mix the lime juice with the coconut milk, soy sauce, vegetable oil and brown sugar.
6. Stuff each banana leaf-cone with the shrimp-salad, sprinkle with the coconut-lime-dressing, roasted peanuts and lime zest.