Chocolate figs with goat cheese
Chocolate and cheese? It may sound like a strange combination, and maybe it is! But that's exactly what makes it surprisingly delicous! Our delicious Peruvian black figs are dipped in a layer of dark chocolate and filled with goat cheese and pistachio crumbs. For the real daredevils you can also replace the goat cheese with gorgonzola, a true taste explosion!
10 black Peruvian figs
250g goat's cheese
150g pistachio nuts, peeled and finely chopped
200g dark chocolate
1. Cut the figs in half and scoop out the flesh.
2. Mix the goat's cheese with the flesh and roll into balls.
3. Then roll the goat cheese through the pistachio crumbs.
4. Melt the chocolate au bain-marie or melt in the microwave.
5. Carefully dip the figs into the chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Press the goat cheese into the chocolate figs and set aside in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened.