Spicy samosas with kaki chutney
The scent of cardamom, cinnamon and star anise lures everyone to the kitchen when these delicious samosas are in the oven. Spices provide a rich world of flavor and give color and depth to these crunchy snacks and chutney made from kaki fruit.
Ingredients 20 samosas
3 teasp. cardemon (bruised)
3 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
1500 ml. chicken bouillon
400g chicken fillet
3 spring onions (cut into thin rings)
2 cloves of garlic (finely pressed)
2 tbsp. graham masala
4 teasp. Worcestershire sauce
3cm ginger (finely grated)
20 sheets of filo pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Bring the stock to a boil along with the cardamon, cinnamon sticks and star anise. Then turn the heat down and add the chicken breasts. Poach the chicken in 15 minutes until done.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and pat dry. Pull the chicken apart with 2 forks.
3. Mix the chicken with the spring onions, garlic, graham masala, Worcestershire sauce and ginger and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill and fold the samosas.
5. Brush the samosas with oil and bake golden brown and crispy in the oven.
Ingredients for the chutney
2 persimmons (cut into small cubes)
1 apple (cut into small cubes)
1 shallot (finely cut)
2 dried chili peppers
2 tl. cardemon (bruised)
100 ml. vinegar
250g of sugar
1. Add all ingredients, except the kaki, to a pan.
2. Bring to a boil and let it boil until fully thickened, for about 25 minutes.
3. Now add the kaki and cook for another 10 minutes until the kaki is soft.
4. Remove the cloves, cardamom and chillies and serve with the samosas.