Bergamot is sometimes described as an anti-depressive fruit. The typical, citrus-like aroma seems to be calming and uplifting. A very good reason why this Italian citrus fruit is widely used in perfumes, but also in the well-known Earl Gray tea. This fragrant and delicious Bargamot cheesecake will definitely get you in a good mood!
200g Whole wheat biscuits
100g Unsalted, melted butter
1. Finely grind the biscuits in a food processor. Then mix with the melted butter.
2. Press the mixture in a cake mould and set aside in the refrigerator.
600g Cream cheese
200g Fine sugar
3 Egg yolks
1.5 tbsp. Vanilla extract
Juice of 1 bergamot
Zest of 1 bergamot
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Then mix the rest of the ingredients through the cream cheese and continue mixing until it becomes a smooth mixture.
3. Put the mixture on top of the biscuit crust.
4. Cover the cake completely with aluminum foil and then put the cake in a large oven dish filled with boiled water. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
150ml Whipped cream
165ml Coconut cream
Zest of 1 Bergamot
1. Mix the whipped cream with the coconut cream.
2. Cover the cake with the coconut cream and sprinkle with Bergamot zest.